Fine and Rare Specialty Teas
- All our teas are sourced directly from northeast India, a region to which tea is indigenous
- Southern China and Assam are the only two regions in the world with native tea plants
- All our teas are single source, organic, small batch and of the highest quality
PANG Organic Tea offers single source specialty, high-quality organic teas from a network of small tea growers in India’s northeast region. The growers cultivate their teas using all-natural methods and have transitioned from conventional agriculture to chemical-free and pesticide-free methods. They utilize vermicomposting made by local producers, who have developed their own methods of natural composting. These specialty teas are carefully handcrafted using natural materials, from hand-plucking to hand-processing of the tea leaves.
ABOUT TEA – Camellia sinensis
• All tea comes from the plant Camellia sinensis, an evergreen indigenous to Southwest Asia. PANG Organic Tea is Camellia sinensis var. assamica.
• There are four main groups of tea – black tea, oolong tea, green tea or white tea. Oxidation and processing methods after harvesting create these differences.
• The tea plant is indigenous to southern China and northeast India.
• The oldest tea growing regions of the world including India are still the worldwide leaders in tea production.
• Tea is the 2nd most consumed beverage after water and considered the number one social drink in the world.
• Tea has many health benefits and can be blended effectively with herbs, spices, and even fruit to increase these benefits.